- Basic Library Instruction: Recommended for Study Skills, LIT DORI classes, Developmental Reading, and other classes looking for a basic orientation with or without a library research assignment.
- Research-Only Session: Librarians will assist the class with their research.
- Single Topic Workshops: Librarians focus on teaching a specific skillset to a class. Examples include:
- Identifying quality sources
- Popular versus scholarly sources
- Evaluating websites
- Embedded Librarian: Add a reference librarian to your class to assist as a teaching assistant.
- Reserves: The library enables instructors to submit articles and other class materials (books, videos, sample tests, etc.) to be placed on reserve in the library so that students can access the information at their convenience.
To request an item be placed on Reserve or e-reserve, please fill out the Faculty Reserve Request Form.
Research and Creative Activity
- Online Guides: The library has created a collection of online guides to assist with research in the library in a variety of subject areas including, for example, Nursing. More specific guides can be created for use by individual classes. These can be created by our librarians at the request of an instructor.
- Tutorial Videos: The library develops online tutorial videos and can create new videos, including embedded quizzes, upon the request of the instructor. Examples of videos the library has created include:
- Finding Articles
- How to Access Databases
- LIT Logins for Library Databases
- Reference Librarians: Reference librarians are also available for one-on-one consultation for faculty, staff, and students.
- Interlibrary Loan: Interlibrary Loan is available to locate materials the library does not own. More information can be found on the Interlibrary Loan page.
- Materials: The library provides databases and thousands of print and electronic journals and books. The library is also a repository for state and federal government documents.
- Archival Projects: The library maintains university records and presidential papers and develops special collections. In 2014, the library procured a TexShare grant to digitize student newspapers.
- Grants: Our acquisitions department will aid in the selection and pricing of grant funded materials, upon request.
- Events: The library hosts functions and visitors throughout the year, including the Therapy Dogs during finals week.